We're hiring! Warehouse Manager and Officer, Logistics and Compliance Co-ordinator
December 20 2016
What a year at Ucan!
To get us set for whatever 2017 is going to throw our way we are looking for some smart and savvy individuals to help us be ready to take in more IT equipment for recycling.
If you read through the following and it floats your boat then you need to email email@example.com and tell her why you are the chosen one.
Full time, permanent, 40 hours per week
U Can Recycling are a multi-award winning IT Recycling company based in Wyke, Bradford. We believe that a company is as good as its staff and that is why we are on the look-out for an experienced Warehouse Manager to manage goods in and out of a busy warehouse.
Ideally you will already work in or have previous experience in the waste industry or scrap, however, we will not discount any applications if you fit the following criteria:
- Organise ins and outs of IT loads and support the warehouse where necessary
- Provide administrational support to ensure paperwork is accurate for finance
- Keep accurate records including Waste Transfer notes and Haz Waste updates
- Input Data of accurate weights
- Manage a small team to maximise efficiency and report into the Operations Manager and MD
- Load and unload vehicles to the optimum use of the vehicle
- Have a full clean driving licence and preferably be over 25 years of age for insurance purposes
- Have a strong work ethic, want to get stuck in and make a difference to the way we work
- Be able to communicate clearly
- Maintain a cool head under pressure
- Be conversant with PC packages and input data accurately
- Have fork lift truck experience and training – a refresher can be arranged if necessary
- Be Flexible - As a growing company there will be other responsibilities where required and as we are small there needs to be an all hands on deck attitude at times
Salary between £18k and 24k dependant on experience + bonus
or maybe you are more this kind of person:
Office, Logistics and Compliance Co-ordinator
Full time, permanent, Mon – Fri, 40 hours per week, all based in Wyke, Bradford
Main Responsibilities/Day to day duties:
- To keep up-to-date, compliant, paperwork associated with all collections and deliveries and recording accurate weights
- Being main link between the purchase + sales of stock, the arrival or movement of stock and the raising or settling of invoices by handling and presenting correct paperwork to finance
- Train and supervise other members of staff to log collections accurately and maintain accurate records
- Correctly identify and log any hazardous materials on consignment notes, internal systems and update the EA on qtly basis
- To maintain paperwork and returns associated with an AATF and any compliance scheme requirements
- To streamline accounts process as a continuation from the warehouse and office
- To help co-ordinate free collections, ensuring paperwork is ready for driver and co-ordinating postcode clusters for optimum efficiency
- Update company information – eg waste carrier's licences, site exemptions/registrations/permits etc
- To ensure staff and volunteers timesheets are recorded accurately and any absenteeism reported to HR
To be considered for this role you will
- need to demonstrate that you have a strong work ethic, want to get stuck in and make a difference to the way we work.
- have a confident, friendly and professional manner to be able to work successfully in our small team
- be flexible, as a small company there will be other duties that become your responsibility so an all hands on deck attitude is required.
- need to be fully conversant with Microsoft Excel and Google Docs
- You’ll also need to be commercially minded.
- A full driving license is preferred but not essential for this role.
In return for your commitment we will offer a salary of £15k - £19k + bonus
Apply in writing with accompanying CV to firstname.lastname@example.org