When it comes to disposing of your IT equipment it is important to choose a company that has all the current licences issued by the Environment Agency. Here at Ucan Recycling, you can rest assured that we hold all the relevant licenses and are accredited as an Authorised Approved Treatment Facility (AATF). We are subject to regular inspections to ensure we are operating best practice IT recycling and disposal.
We have also been awarded BS EN ISO accreditations 14001 and 9001 for the provision of services for end of life I.T. equipment including collection, data destruction, re-use, and recycling.
Beware of bogus companies who appear legitimate but do not have the authority to be operating in our field.
Always make sure you are dealing with a legitimate and honest company with all the proper licenses.
Reassuringly, at Ucan Recycling we hold the following licences:
AATF (Approved Authority Treatment Facility) for 2021
T11 repair and refurbishment of WEEE to June 2021
S2 – storage of waste in a secure place to November 2021
Waste carrier licence to February 2023
T4: Preparatory treatments, baling, etc to November 2021
EA Exporter Licence 2021
Public and Employee Liability Certificate to April 2021
BS EN ISO Accreditation 14001
BS EN ISO Accreditation 9001
Please click on any of the above to view the relevant licence.
When you book a collection with Ucan Recycling we aim to deliver our service under the guidelines of the following Service Level Agreement:
- To provide a professional and secure redundant IT collection service to businesses and organisations throughout the UK
- To confirm a collection date within 24 hours of receiving the Collection Specification form
- To offer collections for free based on the following criteria:
- within 20 miles: need 10 x working A-Grade items
- 21-100 miles: need 20 x working A-Grade items
- 101 - 200 miles: needs 30 x working A-Grade items
- 200 + miles: 40 x working A-Grade items
- Where the above criteria aren't met, we will either combine the collection with another in the local area to minimise cost/keep cost-neutral to the client
- To provide the right method of data destruction as per the client's requirements
- To agree on the cost of collection and destruction (if applicable) before the job commences
- To provide a minimum of 2 x trained, uniformed operatives on collections over 25+ Grade A items
- To provide a fully completed and signed Waste Transfer Note for every collection
- To hold client's collected data-bearing devices in locked cages/containers until data destruction has been undertaken
- To complete data destruction (if requested) and provide a certificate of destruction within a maximum of 10 working days, or sooner if pre-arranged at point of collection
- To take legal ownership and liability for all equipment upon signing the Waste Transfer Note
- To remove all distinguishing marks from the equipment which link it to the donor organisation and make sure the identity of the donor organisation is kept confidential unless otherwise requested
- To complete all Consignment Notes per Hazardous Waste regulations 2005
- To provide an audit report of the equipment removed to the donor organisation, including quantity, type, weight, and percentage of equipment re-used and recycled if requested
- To provide upon request, Duty of Care audit results of all companies who partner us in recycling or reusing donor organisations equipment.
- To continue to increase our re-use vs recycling rates on a Year-on-Year basis
- For non-working equipment, we aim to break down the components for re-use over recycling - working towards a zero to landfill policy by working with acclaimed downstream recyclers.
- To sustainably dispose of any equipment that cannot be refurbished, to best environment standards/disposal per relevant WEEE regulations
- To only use properly licensed software on refurbished equipment
- To perform regular checks on supplier's licences to ensure through-the-line compliance
- To constantly ask customers for feedback to help us review internal processes to ensure we operate 100% compliance within all WEEE regulations and controls.
- Provide valuable opportunities for disadvantaged groups/individuals for training, work experience, and personal development